Kogi govt kicks against smear campaign against Gov Bello -GCFRNG

Kogi govt kicks against smear campaign against Gov Bello -GCFRNG

Threat with legal action

By Dirisu Yakubu, ABUJA

The Kogi state government on Sunday raised the alarm about an alleged smear campaign against Governor Yahaya Bello ahead of the 2023 presidential elections.

This came against the backdrop of mounting pressure on the young governor to contest the presidential election in 2023.

Addressing reporters during his quarterly press conference, State Information Commissioner Kingsley Fanwo, who highlighted Governor Bello’s giant strides, said the state government was aware of plans to paint the governor in a bad light. at your disadvantage.

“With all these achievements, it is regrettable that some disgruntled political liabilities are still bent on launching a smear campaign against his Excellency Alhaji Yahaya Bello and the Kogi State Government.

“In the immediate aftermath of the discredited accusations against the Kogi state government by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, backed by some other powerful vested interests in the country, the Kogi state government is aware of various plots. to paint it black in public perception on a regular basis from now until 2023, “he said.

Read More

He maintained that many paid bloggers and media outlets had been hired to regularly tarnish public space with allegations of misuse of public funds by the governor and his administration.

Fanwo said that some of the figures planned to release in the coming days, weeks and months “represented more money than the administration had seen collectively.”

He continued: “We hope that you, gentlemen of the press, will be vigilant and activate your investigative offices before coming forward with such fabricated and baseless accusations.

Despite intense pressure and lobbying from across the country and even from Nigerians in the diaspora, Governor Yahaya Bello has not told anyone that he will run for president in 2023.

“His Excellency’s position is that he will give an appropriate response to his followers at the right time.

“The intelligence reports at our disposal show that a certain George whose other details we prefer to keep for now is at the center of this conspiracy. If and when his insanity manifests itself, we will respond with the applicable legal force. Our kindness should not be confused with cowardice.

“We are aware that some vested individuals resentful of the failure of the EFCC adventure have decided to move on to the next stage. We know your plans up to the 12th stage.

“The first was to go and invent something through the EFCC, which has been sufficiently drilled; now they have moved to fabricate statements and accusations that some billions of naira have been embezzled.

“We have been able to apply the resources of the state for the good of the people and that is why we can achieve everything we have achieved.”

“We just want the public to be sufficiently aware that the reason they are doing this is to score political goals and paint the governor, who already enjoys the support of many Nigerians, with his black grudge,” added the commissioner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *