A fire has gutted a house belonging to former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The fire which reportedly broke out on Wednesday night wreaked havoc on the building situated at the Ita-Eko area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
Witnesses say the fire was caused by a power surge. A source told our correspondent that a spark that went off after power supply was restored to the building was the cause of the fire.
READ ALSO: Reps Ask FG To Declare Emergency On Security
Residents trooped out to assist the domestic workers in the house to put out the fire.
The extent of damage to the building has not been confirmed as cameras were not allowed in and around the vicinity.
However, there are reports that the fire only razed a store and not the main building in the former president’s compound.
Advertise With Us
To make Advert inquiries or place an order, please contact us at [email protected] or 08073063036 and we’ll reply to you with our Ad rates and other necessary information.