Reports reaching us indicate that at least one person has been confirmed dead while several others have been hospitalized after consuming a wedding food.
Per the test conducted, it indicated that they had cholera and food poisoning after attending a ceremony in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi last Saturday.
According to the reports, the wedding feast was attended by some 450 guests and the newly wedded couple did not suffer from any food poisoning.
Samson Mathu, the groom’s brother, has however written to the caterer to demand answers but the caterer has not commented on the alleged cholera outbreak.
The food consisted of vegetable salad, mixed vegetables, vegetable rice, beef, mukimo, njahi, rice and chapati among other dishes all at Sh 184,000 (GHC 9,655.94).
The high table was served chicken and icecream.